Sylvania Schools is on a 2-hour delay. ACT testing starts at 9:35 a.m. and students will be released at 2:25 p.m. Eat a hearty breakfast! A snack and/or lunch will be available. Transportation will be available as normal. Please direct building specific questions to your building administrators. Good luck today & be safe!
Way to go girls!
Students spent classtime Friday grilling each other to help each other find flaws in their research and presentations. It must have helped because several students are headed to the State competition after earning Superiors and Excellent ratings at the University of Toledo yesterday. Some of them won scholarship money along the way. Way to go Cats!
Here is some additional information for Northview students and parents in regards to our building closure today due to a power outage:
- Teachers have the flexibility to use Monday to finish up 3rd Quarter activities (tests, student presentations, etc.).
- The building will be open from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. for students who need to access lockers, classrooms, etc. Please plan to enter through the main entrance in the front of the building. The connecting roads have been cleared of downed power lines and are safe to use to get to the building.
- Travel students who take classes at Southview and typically transport themselves are welcome to attend those classes, but are not required to today.
- Students with internships and shadowing experiences at hospitals, engineering firms, financial firms, etcetera, and typically transport themselves are welcome to do that today. Individual teachers will communicate with their own students about their expectations.
- After school activities today could resume today if the power is restored. If that happens, we will announce that those activities are on around the Noon hour. If you don’t hear anything, those activities are cancelled.
Northview’s Chess Club is the place to be this year, with membership over fifty students. Mr. Engel, Chess Club Advisor, hosted a club tournament last week, and Osama Khrawesh emerged as the grand champion. Way to go Osama!