Hello Senior Parents,Senior year is here for your student. YEAH!! They will begin their last year as a Wildcat with a kick-off picnic at Centennial Terrace on Wed., August 5th from 6:30 – 10 pm. We need your help to provide a wonderful time with lasting memories for all. Please log onto https://www.volunteersignup.org/X7KDL to see where your time and talents can be utilized. (Rain date: Aug. 6th)
Also, check out the Northview Class of 2016 – Parent Group facebook page to keep up with all the important news and dates for your Senior.
Gina Ragland and Senior Picnic Committee
Junior Retreat Invitation
This message is a brief reminder of two important upcoming dates for mandatory events for the Leadership Academy:
- Junior Retreat: The Value of Me, The Power of We – Wednesday, August 12th
- 9:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- See the attachment for all the details you will need.
- Make-Up Senior Retreat: Beginning the Senior Leadership Experience – Thursday, August 13th
- 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Place: Media Center at Northview
- Dress: casual; if you wear your Leadership Academy t-shirt, Mr. Creech will give you a high five
- What to bring:
- Come to the meeting with a list of roles identified that you play in your life.
- For example, I am a husband, a son, a brother, an educator, a Christian, a friend.
- Creech would add on his list that he is a father, and a coach.
- Make your list.
- What roles do you play in life?
- For each role, choose a picture or song that you can share with the group that describes what this role means to you.
- For example, Mr. Creech would select “Butterfly Kisses” (don’t say a word to Hannah) to represent his role as a father. The song talks about the relationship between a father and a daughter.
- I would choose “Lean on Me” for my role as a friend, which talks about the rough patches we all go through and what friends mean during those times.
- Come to the retreat with your list of roles and songs.
E-mail me with questions at email@example.com
See everyone soon. Enjoy the rest of your summer!
Photo courtesy of the Miami Women’s Basketball Program.
Carrying on a decades old tradition…
Photos courtesy of Coach Briggs.